Students select one interest group from the following groups provided:
Children’s Health Fund,
National Rural Health Association,
Coalition for Health Services Research,
Global AIDS Alliance, National Nurses United,
National Breast Cancer Coalition
and investigate the group’s key issues;
1) what is their mission;
2) what is their legislative agenda;
3) how is the agenda developed;
4) how is it communicated to members;
5) how is their agenda pushed and promoted (i.e., mechanisms used to engage/attract and influence policy makers);
6) what are the group’s current lobbying efforts;
7) key partner coalitions;
8) do their partnerships influence policies at the local, state or national level;
9) key obstacles;
10) spending allocations (consult the Center for Responsible Politics, www.opensecrets.org).
In addition to investigating the interest group’s website and reviewing position statements and testimony, students should consult media reports to obtain more information on the group’s current lobbying efforts.
1) summarize their findings in a 1-2 page, single-spaced memo. Students are also to
2) submit a 15-20 slide PowerPoint presentation that addresses all the key questions listed in the first section of this page.
Presentation is to be done in APA format and to include both learning objectives and a reference page.
Both presentations and written memos must be submitted via BB.
1-2 page, single-spaced memo
Learning objectives 5 points
Introduction 10 points
Investigate the group’s key issues 5 points
The group’s mission 5 points
Legislative agenda 5 points
Mechanisms used to engage/attract and influence policy makers 5 points
Current lobbying efforts 5 points
Key partner coalitions 5 points
Do their partnerships influence policies at the local, state or national level: key obstacles 5 points
Spending allocations (consult the Center for Responsible Politics, www.opensecrets.org). 10 points
Conclusion 5 points
APA References 10 points
Slide PowerPoint presentation 25 points
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more