This week (06/20/2021 – 06/27/2021) you are required to read Chapters 10, 11, & 12 of your text and respond to assignment No. 3 (provided in the Assignment folder).
You are also required to participate in ONE of the following discussion question and respond to at least two students’ discussion posts. Your original discussion post should not be less than 200 words to earn the full grade.
Answer ONE of the following.
Discussion for this week’s forum:
1. Why is diversion used in juvenile cases?
2. Do you recommend intermediate sanctions? How do intermediate sanctions differ from standard probation?
3. Discuss the most important goal of juvenile corrections
This week’s lesson covers chapters 10, 11 and 12. You are required to read these chapters and complete the following assignment. Write at least one page or 300 words and indicate your word count at the end of your writing. Draw inferences from the text to support your discussion. You are required to cite and quote some sections of the text to support your argument.
Discuss ONE of the following:
1. Elaborate on some of the benefits and limitations of diversion. (Chapter 10)
2. What is meant by intensive aftercare? Are such alternative sanctions effective at reducing recidivism? Why, or why not? (Chapter 11)
3. Explain disproportionate minority contact. Should we be concerned about it? What do you think that states can do? (Chapter 12)
Merlo, A.V. & Benekos, P.J. (2019). The Juvenile Justice System: Delinquency, Processing, and the Law 9th ed. NY:
Pearson. ISBN: 10: 0-13-481331-6 ISBN: 13: 978-0-13-481331-8
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more