Castellino Company, operating at full capacity, sold 80000 units at a price of $70.75 per unit during 2008. Its income statement for 2008 is as follows:
Cost of goods sold 2,100,000
Gross profit 3,560,000
Income from operations 1,160,000
The division of costs between fixed and variable is as follows:
Cost of Sales: fixed = 50% variable = 50%
selling expenses: fixed = 30% variable = 70%
Administrative expenses: fixed = 60% variable = 40%
Management is considering a plant expansion program that will permit an increase of $884,375 in yearly sales. The expansion will increase fixed costs by $265,000, but will not affect the relationship between sales and variable costs.
1. Determine for 2008 the total fixed costs and the total variable costs.
2. Determine for 2008 (a) the unit variable cost and (b) the unit contribution margin.
3. Compute the break-even sales (units) for 2008.
4. Compute the break-even sales (units) under the proposed program.
5. Determine the amount of sales (units) that would be necessary under the proposed program to realize the $1,160,000 of income from operations that was earned in 2008.
6. Determine the maximum income from operations possible with the expanded plant.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more