Interview someone who has been through pregnancy and childbirth relatively recently (ideally, within the last five years)
.When conducting the interview, tell the individual that you will be sharing the interview results with your instructor, but that you will not include her name.
Reassure the individual that confidentiality will be maintained and that they may opt to skip any questions that make them uncomfortable.
If you write this paper about your own pregnancy, be sure to write it in a way that the reader does not know it is you.DO NOT USE REAL NAMES in your paper.This purpose of this interview is to understand the importance of prenatal development and the birth experiences (Chapters 2 & 3). This period of the human lifespan sets the stage for all development that follows.
Ask the individual questions that help you learn about the following aspects of pregnancy and childbirth (note: not all questions may relate):
1. Planning for Pregnancy: What, if anything, did the subject do in anticipation of getting pregnant? If it was not planned, what was that like for the woman?
2. Confirming Pregnancy: What were the physical and emotional signs that subject experienced (if any)? How was the pregnancy verified? How long did subject wait to confirm pregnancy?
3. Prenatal Care: How much prenatal care did the individual receive? How was an obstetrician/midwife chosen (if chosen)? How far along in pregnancy was it when subject first saw the midwife/doctor? Any special tests? Advice given by medical personnel regarding: Diet? Weight gain? Exercise? Stress? Teratogens?
4. Family’s Reaction and Advice:How does the subject’s family culture view pregnancy and treat the expectant mother? Did she receive support from father of baby or other individual(s)/partner? What was that like?
5. Changes in Subject’s Life:What was it like to be pregnant? To wear maternity clothes? Physical health? Eating? Emotions and attitudes? Learning about pregnancy and childbirth? Gathering equipment and clothes for the baby? How comfortable or uncomfortable was pregnancy? Any surprises?
6. Delivery Plan: Did the individual have a plan? Why or why not? What was the plan? Did the individual take a tour? What kind of birthing facility? Childbirth classes? Labor coach? Doula?
7. Labor: What were the physical signs that labor was starting (if labor was experienced)? How long was first stage of labor (if experienced)? What kind of medication (if used)? What kind of delivery (vaginal, C-section)? Who was present? Complications? Anything unexpected? What helped during this part of the experience?
8. Baby’s Condition at Birth: What was the baby like after birth? Any problems? Size of baby? What tests were done on the baby? Any special care for the baby?
9. Bonding with Baby: Subject’s feelings immediately after birth about the baby? Who cut the baby’s umbilical cord? What was feeding and caring for the baby like right after birth? Did she feel competent to cope with motherhood? Any baby blues or postpartum depression? What support occurred after birth?NOTE: If a father or other partner is available to interview with the woman for this assignment, you are welcome to get that individual’s perspective. This is not a requirement as there are many different kinds of pregnancies, families, and experiences.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more