Assignment 4: Term Paper
Due Week 10 and worth 200 points
You were talking to members of your favorite local band after a recent show. The topic of software came up, and the leader said she has a love-hate relationship with it. She loves the recording software they use and is okay with QuickBooks for the band’s financial records. But, she does not like the available options to track bookings and create set lists that draw from their entire repertoire.
In addition to their regular weekly gigs, the band performs for many school assemblies and community events. They have to pick music that’s appropriate for the audience and the theme without being repetitive. They are constantly adding new songs to their catalog, and putting others on hiatus. The band likes to take requests, so they frequently update the set list after a gig. The band does not want to bother entering chords or lyrics because they don’t use computers or phones on stage.
You offer to put together a system design to address the band’s needs. It’s okay to collect ideas by looking at off-the-shelf solutions, but the design must be your own for this assignment. Include the following in your design:
1. A list and short explanation of each function to manage:
2. A logical data design that supports all of these functions. Use either an entity-relationship or a UML class diagram, which should be in third normal form. Indicate all primary keys, relationships, and cardinalities.
3. Recommend a system architecture that identifies the hardware and software components and how they interact. Include a short (not more than 500 words) description and rationale. Illustrate using your choice of a static functional decomposition or object-oriented diagram.
4. Identify security concerns and other nonfunctional requirements for this system.
5. Propose at least three distinct and measurable criteria to evaluate the quality of the finished software.
Important Note: The required attached template must be used for this assignment and is not optional. It has been designed so that papers are logically organized and includes prompts for all required information for the assignment. Assignments submitted not using this template will be returned ungraded and must be resubmitted using the template. Late penalties on improperly submitted papers will apply in accordance with the published late policy.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more