During the semester you will be studying a variety of technological topics that are
important in enterprise settings. Some of you may work with organizations where
some of these technologies are deployed. Others of you may have an interest in
learning more about a particular topic or technology. This research project will
give you the opportunity to conduct a deep-dive analysis into a topic area that
interests you. Topic areas to consider include:
• Online Learning
• Cyber Security
• Artificial Intelligence
• Enterprise Systems Management
• Universal Broadband Connectivity
• Cloud Computing
• Mobile Computing
• IP Television/Streaming Services
• 5G Cellular
• Data Privacy
• Total Experience (customer/employee/user)
• Work From Anywhere
• Internet of Things
• Internet of Behaviors
• Data Science/Analytics
• Full Stack Development
• Edge Computing
• Autonomous Driving
• Human Augmentation
• Medical Technology
• Quantum Computing
• Wearable Technology
If you have another idea for a topic that isn’t closely related to one of the above,
send me an email and let’s explore the possibility together.
Here are the details for this assignment:
1) You will author a 12-15 page research paper1
2) The work must be your own. Quoted material must be carefully cited.
Please know that I will utilize several tools to verify originality of your work
(Safe Assign and others).
3) The paper must follow the APA editorial style – this includes both the
format of the paper as well as the citation list.
4) You should narrow the scope of your subject. Topics like “The Internet”,
“Computer Security”, or “Local Area Networks” are much too broad to be
covered in a scant 12-15 pages. Focus on a specific aspect of the
5) Remember that research is usually done to solve a problem or answer a
question. Write from this perspective. How were things done before the
technology was available? How can the technology be used to solve or
improve a business process? What are some of the key take-aways from the
technology that your reader will want to know?
6) Assume that your reader is a senior manager – and not an IT professional.
This means you’ll need to carefully establish the context for your project,
explain things clearly, and make a ‘business case’ for the technology.
7) Use figures and tables appropriately in your document. Remember that
every element must add value to your paper.
8) A minimum of five sources must be used and cited in your paper. Excellent
papers will typically draw from more sources.
9) Strong introductions and conclusions are key elements in a paper, but are
often overlooked. Conclusions are commonly neglected. One of the skills
we are developing in graduate school is effective communication.
Remember to invest time on the front and back ends of your paper!
10) Have fun with this project. I know that writing a research paper can be a lot
of work, but it’s also an opportunity for you to develop some expertise on a
particular technology. Is there something you could do for your employer?
Is there an industry you’d like to move into and want to learn more?
1 Note: title pages, abstracts, references, dedicat
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more